We're Committed to Reconnecting as Safe as Possible
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our focus at HMP Global has been keeping our customers, our staff, and our communities as safe as possible. We have developed a comprehensive and fluid plan to ensure you remain as safe as possible, which will continue to evolve based on guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and federal, state, and local governments. We are committed to providing assurance and confidence that keeping you as safe as possible at our events is our top priority, as outlined below.
- HMP’s Response Team will regularly check with state and local public health officials and other area agencies for daily updates and additional guidance.
- Daily announcements will be made within the meeting rooms, exhibit hall, and event mobile app regarding health safety, social distancing, and cleaning information and updates.
General Cleaning, Sanitation, Disinfection & Air Filtration
- We will meet and exceed all cleaning protocols as outlined by the venue and meeting industry associations.
- We will work with the Rosen Shingle Creek to ensure a daily, heightened cleaning and sanitizing regimen of all public spaces, meeting rooms, and registration area, as outlined in the Rosen Hotels & Resorts Total Commitment Program: https://www.rosenshinglecreek.com/rosenstotalcommitment/.
- Hand sanitization stations will be placed strategically in high traffic, high contact public areas including meeting room foyers and the exhibit hall.
- Hotel will routinely monitor and disinfect common and associate-only areas of the venue using quick-acting hydrogen peroxide-based cleansers considered effective by the CDC.
- HMP and the Rosen Shingle Creek will create and display highly visible signage to offer reminders of the CDC’s guidelines on health and hygiene etiquette, proper handwashing, social distancing, and mask wearing.
- The Rosen Shingle Creek has taken steps to enhance air quality ventilation in guest rooms and public spaces by following CDC indoor air quality guidelines. In common areas and ballrooms, air filtration has increased with the use of MERV-13 filters per CDC recommendations.
Personal Protection and Social Density Protocol
- Attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, faculty, and third-party suppliers are required to wear face masks and maintain social distance. Masks can be removed only for eating and drinking. HMP will provide all participants with PPE supplies consisting of disposable masks and sanitizing wipes.
- HMP will work with the Rosen Shingle Creek to enforce social density safety guidelines, compliant with recommendations from the state of Florida and local municipalities.
- Meeting rooms will be set with wider aisles and social distancing between tables and chairs. HMP is planning for no more than 5 chairs per banquet table and chairs to be set at least 3 feet apart.
- Stanchions will be added to manage and minimize lines allowing for larger waiting areas.
- Floor graphics will be placed in the exhibit hall, by registration, and in meeting room foyers to promote social distancing guidelines.
- HMP will work with the venue to help lead our flow-management process (e.g. keep entrance doors in the open position, designate entrance and exit doors.)
- The program schedule will be modified to allow for sanitization of high-touch surfaces between sessions.
- Online, advanced registration is strongly encouraged.
- An event welcome packet will be mailed to participants who have registered for the event at least three weeks in advance of the meeting. Name badges, other registration materials and event protocol information are included in the welcome packet. Those who receive an event welcome packet do not need to go the onsite registration desk.
- We will configure onsite registration areas to allow for social distancing and implement queue lines where six-foot distancing can be enforced.
- We will add transparent barriers to registration counters for enhanced safety and to support physical distancing measures.
- Registration staff is required to wear masks and wash hands regularly as recommended. Masks may be only removed for active eating or drinking.
- HMP will work with the venue to ensure social distancing and social density protocols are followed.
- Floor decals will be placed throughout the exhibit hall to promote social distancing reminders.
- Additional high-top tables will be placed throughout the exhibit hall. Tables will be spaced apart to reduce overcrowding.
- We will communicate and confirm general service contractor and freight management health, safety and cleaning protocols as outlined in Freeman’s Commitment to Hygiene guide.
- Please refer to the AIBD Floorplan at https://lite.expo-genie.com/aibd-2021/floor-plan-viewer/
Food and Beverage Safety
- Meal areas will be properly distanced.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed near all meal functions.
- Buffets and coffee break stations are attended and served by a properly trained catering attendant to eliminate guest contact on serving utensils.
- Partitions for food service lines have been installed by the Rosen Shingle Creek.
- Disposable cups and plates will be used for all breaks.
- Plated meals will be served for seated meal functions whenever possible. Preset food and drinks are prohibited by the hotel.
- Receptions will offer pre-wrapped, individually packaged options. Butler passed food and beverage is suspended.
- Self-serve water coolers are provided with sanitizing wipes for participants to wipe down the handle after each use.
- Staff are advised to stay home and monitor their health if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or if they have come in close contact with someone within the past 14 days who has symptoms.
- All staff will be educated and trained on the state, city, venue and HMP guidelines in order to answer onsite questions and monitor the following of guidelines.
- Staff are required to wear masks and wash hands regularly as recommended. Masks may be only removed for active eating or drinking.
- We will work with the venue on implementing an emergency response protocol to establish isolation areas for anyone who feels ill.
- Event staff will conduct pre-event site inspections to ensure venues comply with established protocols.
- HMP Global will work with venue-assigned medical personnel to assist anyone who feels ill.