In-Person VS. Virtual Format Questions
What's unique about attending in person?
- Join us in person at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando, FL. Learn more about what the AIBD and HMP Global are doing to make reconnecting as safe as possible.
- Connect with 70+ expert faculty members during 100+ exclusive educational sessions.
- Network and engage with other attendees during exclusive special events such as Meet the Experts, Social Receptions, 5K Fun Run, and more!
- Enjoy a getaway to Orlando, Florida, and extend your stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel.
What are the benefits of attending virtually?
- Access digital opportunities for networking with colleagues, faculty, and industry
- Watch sessions broadcast live from anywhere in the world, when convenient to your schedule.
- Participate in Engage at AIBD for a chance to win exciting prizes.
- Save time and money when you skip the hotel and travel costs.
What In-Person Attendees Need to Know
- Pack a face mask.
Face masks are required all times at AIBD.
2. What about eating and drinking?
Food and beverages at AIBD will be permitted only during scheduled times and in specific locations, and protocols will be followed to keep you as safe as possible.
3. What will the hotel be doing to keep attendees as safe as possible?
Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel builds on their existing safety and cleanliness protocols. Visit their website for full details.
4. Allow for extra time.
Due to additional health and safety measures, please plan ahead and allow extra time when arriving at the show.
5. Do you want additional, detailed safety information?
Please review the full HMP Global Health and Safety Plan so you are familiar with it and know what to expect onsite.
6. What if something changes and AIBD cannot take place in person?
AIBD is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely in partnership with the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel. If an in-person event is not feasible, AIBD is fully prepared to deliver the meeting virtually.
7. What if I register to attend in-person, but then determine I need to participate virtually?
This request can be accommodated but must be received in writing by emailing email@example.com at least 21 days before the event. It will be your responsibility to work with the airline/conference hotel to cancel those reservations on your own.
8. Can I register on-site?
AIBD is constantly monitoring the COVID 19 situation and working with the meeting venue to ensure that we are following CDC recommendations and mandates. Because of this, we ask that you contact us before planning for on-site registration, to ensure that we have space to accommodate on-site registrations due to capacities, limitations, and social distancing restrictions imposed by the facility.
What Virtual Attendees Need to Know
1. Will I have access to all of the sessions from the in-person meeting?
Yes. Through VRTX, AIBD's virtual platform, you will have access to:
- Livestream access to sessions broadcast in real-time
- On-demand access to recordings of all live sessions for 6 months
- Digital opportunities for networking with colleagues, faculty, and industry
- Virtual credentials will be emailed one day before the meeting
2. Will I be able to watch recordings of the sessions being presented after the conference?
Yes, all sessions broadcast during the online event will be recorded and available for viewing for 6 months after the conference.
3. What kind of software will be required to view the sessions and interact with the experts?
The virtual platform will be web-based, so all you will need is a computer/iPad/tablet or phone and an internet connection. Log-in instructions will be provided closer to the meeting.
4. Who do I contact for questions during the virtual event?
Our team will be available to answer questions, assist, and optimize your experience throughout AIBD. If you have additional questions, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. What if I register for the Virtual conference, but then decide I would like to attend the in-person event?
This request can be accommodated but must be received in writing by emailing email@example.com at least 21 days before the event. We will update your registration and send you an updated confirmation email.